Friday, November 20, 2009

Holiday Ramblings

Fall has finally arrived in Oklahoma. Those of you in Montana will probably be jealous when I tell you that we had 70 degree weather all the way through October. On Halloween, we were in jeans and t-shirts. It was fun while it lasted, since 70 degree weather is quite possibly the most universally pleasant weather. But of course, with November came the cold. And I can't get enough of it.

The air is crisp (a rarity for Oklahoma), the leaves are crunchy (they aren't soggy yet, since there hasn't been too much rain this fall), and I get to wear my awesome wardrobe of sweaters every day (thanks to Evangelina's wonderful donations to me).

And thanks to Pandora (the world's best free online radio), I have been listening to Christmas carols for weeks now. Whenever I get home from class and am in need of a pick-me-up, I just get online and Mariah Carey's cheerful pop version of "All I Want for Christmas (Is You)" greets me with a wave of holiday happiness.

Man, I love Christmas. I love Thanksgiving too... but much less than I love Christmas. I mean, nothing can beat cinnamon pine cones, paper snowflakes, and Christmas carols. *happy sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...