Thursday, May 21, 2009

Alone... With Limited Options

So I thought my summer was going to be this great and glorious thing. And I'm sure it will be... in a couple weeks when my friends come back. Right now however, I am lonely and bored. And stuck with the unpleasant task of scouring the internet for used cars that meet my very selective criteria.

My predicament: no Norman friends and no car. Which means that on a day like today, when Bryce has another social engagement for the evening, I am stuck with a very limited range of activities to do by myself. 

I do have a bike, so I can bike to OU or to Campus Corner (thank goodness I live close enough). OU has the library... Campus Corner has a couple coffee shops, restaurants and clothing boutiques. I don't have the funds at the moment for clothes and there'd be no point in going to a restaurant alone (also low funds issue here). Which leaves me with the library and a coffee shop. Today I chose a coffee shop (the only one with free wireless). 

Its much better than staying home alone, where I was going crazy. And its much easier to write in a coffee shop... something about the atmosphere. It was a good choice for today... but what do I do about tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...