Friday, May 22, 2009

Living With Guys

This summer, in order to save boatloads of money, I am living in the apartment of my boyfriend's brother free of charge (while he is in California for an internship). This means that I am currently sharing said apartment with two other guys. 

I had never shared a living space with guys before (besides my brother and dad, and that doesn't count because there were balancing female influences in the home), so I came into the situation with some ideas about what it would be like. And let me tell you, I was right. 

These boys are dirty, burp all the time (and never say "excuse me"), play X-Box constantly, and listen to their music so loud that the bass comes through the walls and shakes my toothbrush. They have contests to see who can string the most expletives together in one breath. Their carpet is so abused that there is no way they are getting out of there without paying for it to be replaced. They use a dishtowel to mop up a dirty floor and then two minutes later use the same towel to dry clean dishes. They drink their milk directly out of the jug. In order to even be able to walk into my bathroom, I had to bleach every surface. 

And yet, with all their less refined qualities, living with guys is actually a lot of fun. For example, we played X-Box games for hours last night after I got home from work (with plenty of trash-talking involved), and they were the perfect gentlemen and gave me the best team to play with. I still lost quite solidly at every game we played, but it was still fun.

Oh, and its also really nice to live with guys because they own things like super glue and duct tape and are very handy with a hammer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...