Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Excited about CCEW

To let y'all in on all the fun things I will be doing this semester...

The first thing that I am really excited about (after being President of the Student Film Production Club) is my business internship for this fall. It's with the Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth (CCEW), and basically my team and I will be designing and building an entire software business (and bring a product to launch hopefully), all in the course of one semester. Crazy!

There are ten people on my team (the biggest of the three teams by far -- the rest have 5 people), and the breakdown is five business interns, four computer programmers, and one visual communications intern.

Our first task is to decide on what business we want to build in the first place, as we have a completely blank slate. We don't have any guidelines to follow-- no problem to solve or challenge to address, or anything like that. It's all up to us.

Which sounds like fun (and it is!), but it's also crazy intimidating. So far, it has been really difficult to pick an idea. We have tons of good ideas, four or five great ideas, and three awesome ideas that are obvious front-runners. Now we just have to pick one and run with it. I just wish it was as easy as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...