Monday, October 18, 2010

Today's Goals

(I'm back in the library for another early-morning study session, and this time it's only 8:15 a.m. Sha-Bam! This is awesome.)

Goal One: Write a 4-5 page paper comparing Metropolitan (1990, Directed by Whit Stillman) with Party Girl (1995, Directed by Daisy von Scherler Mayer) -- by 11:30 a.m.

Goal Two: Write a 7-8 page "Notebook" on the process we've gone through to put on Shakespeare's As You Like It (the play is in three weeks!), including notes about the history of theater, the role of gender/transvestism in the play, modern adaptations (including She's the Man), etc -- by 10:30 p.m.

Goal Three: Write synopsis for final short film project proposal -- by 11:30 p.m.

Goal Four: Go to bed before midnight!

--*--

Have I mentioned yet how much I love lists?! Everything about about a list is absolutely perfect. They help me stay organized. They look organized. They help me to not forget important things I need to do (and by when they need to be done). And when I've completed a To Do item, I can cross it off the list, which is even more fun than pulling those plastic protective sticker-covers off a newly-purchased digital camera screen. I speak from experience.

Lists also require me to set clear expectations for myself, especially when I promise that I'll take said self-imposed deadlines seriously (I've found that it also helps when you motivate yourself with things like fruit smileys or a Hershey's kiss). And once I'm done writing everything out in a list, I sometimes don't even have to look at it again, because now I already know everything that needs to get done. Yup. Lists are the bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...