Saturday, January 30, 2010

Doppelgänger Week

There's this thing going around Facebook where everyone is changing their profile picture to a famous celebrity and calling it Doppelgänger Week, posting this in their status:

It's Doppelgänger week. Change your profile picture to someone famous you have been told you look like. After you update your profile with your twin or switched at birth photo then cut/paste this to your status.

I didn't get the Doppelgänger reference, so the first thing I did was look it up on the Internet.

Doppelgänger-- noun-- the ghostly counterpart of a living person; any double or look-alike of a person.

Well, that seemed fair enough. Nothing surprising there. Then I wikipedia'd it (I like how that word has become a verb in popular vernacular now), and I found this:

Doppelgänger-- The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death.

Everyone on Facebook is embracing bad luck, eh?

Well, not to be left out, I decided to look up what celebrity I look like. Of course, I will forgo posting it on FB and will instead indulge you, dear readers, by sharing with which famous individual I share a similar facial structure.

Sadly, with the first photo I uploaded, I was told that I look like no one famous. A disappointment (or not?). But then I just chose another picture. Apparently, according to MyHeritage.com, I look like:

Helen Hunt (72%)


Emmy Rossum (62%)


Kristin Davis (61%)


Enid Blyton (61%)


That last one is probably my favorite. And she's an author. Rather fitting, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...