Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nostalgic Again

I miss Montana. I have been on quite the nostalgic kick this last week, and I'll blame it squarely on having coffee with Dr. Horton and watching picture after picture of gorgeous Glacier National Park slide past on the television (he'd purchased some sort of DVD photo slideshow while he was there with his wife this summer). That started it all.

Since then, I've literally googled Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park at least two or three times apiece and scrolled through Google Images of the parks for hundreds of pages. I've looked through as many old pictures of my childhood as I can find, and I cried when I heard Miranda Lambert's song "The House That Built Me."

I also wrote that blog about Homegrown Tomatoes (which meant that I spent at least an hour watching silly photo slideshows and homemade videos of anything Montana on YouTube). And I went through my financials for the semester and tried to work out if I could make a trip up to Montana for Christmas break. That would make me so happy -- to see old friends and familiar places again. And maybe I could work in a trip to the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...