Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Open Letter to Road-side Homeowners

The other day, I found this open letter scribbled on a sticky note and stashed in an old folder. And even though I haven't been on a train in a while and road trips are a distant memory, the thought still holds true.

Dear People who Live in Cute Homes by Large Highways or Railroad Tracks,

Thank you for buying that house with the beautiful gabled roof and wrap-around porch, even though you know how loud that constant traffic is going to be. I can see your homeowner's pride in that manicured lawn and impeccable flower beds, and I thank you for it. Because of people like you, I have an enchanting view from my seat on the train.

Sincerely,
A Happy Traveler

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...