Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Ritzy Christmas Wish List

What if you were walking along one day, minding your own beeswax and leading a simple life, when all the sudden the phone rings and it's your mom telling you that a close relative has suddenly inherited a billion dollars and, being so fond of you, wants to get you a few things for Christmas? 

My friend, will you be ready when that moment comes?

Well, today it occurred to me that I might not be ready for that moment either. I thought, here I am, over two decades old, and I still don't have a good answer for the classic question, "What would you do with a million/billion/gazillion dollars?" 

Then I started feeling really unprepared. I hate feeling unprepared.

So I decided to draft a Christmas list for exactly that kind of occasion. Just in case. You never know what might happen. The world is full of surprises.


My Ritzy Christmas Wish List

Ridiculously nice, expensive car -- maybe with doors that open vertically?


A Canon or Nikon DSLR -- Soooooo pretty!

An iPhone-- with my data plan prepaid
for forever.

A dress by Dior, s'il vous plait!

I think I could enjoy owning a villa in Tuscany.
And maybe a townhouse in Manhattan...
... complete with an elegant library packed with books.

In a good bookroom, you feel in some 
way that you are absorbing the wisdom 
contained in all the books - through 
your skin, without even opening them.
- Mark Twain 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...