Thursday, December 9, 2010

Taking My Health Seriously Again - Midpoint

A week and a half ago, I wrote about taking my health seriously again, and I made a list of all the things I was going to do differently in the next three weeks to feel better about myself.

Let's see how I'm doing now...

Goals:

1. Get seven hours of sleep a night. Not six and a half. Seven. 
Fail. Epic fail on this one. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. Sleep deprivation is practically required as a college student.

2. No more drinking soda. And no more coffee after eight (unless it's decaf).
SUCCESS! I literally have not had a single coke in a week and a half. Swoop!

3. If I can't make it to the gym, at least do jumping jacks or something every day.
Nope. Definitely didn't happen either.

4. Try to make it up to ten real push-ups in a row without falling on your face.
Let's see... I'm at.... (commence push-ups).... (five minutes later: panting heavily)... I'm at four. Awesome.

5. No more hamburgers.
Yup.

6. Eat more vegetables. Try to eat more of the green ones.
Yup Yup. In fact, I think I remember little green things floating around in my chicken casserole today.

7. Drink at least three bottles of water every day.
Maybe? I'm at least at one or two bottles of water a day. I consider this a vast improvement, and will count it as a success so I can feel better about myself.


New Goal: Actually go to the gym. That one really does need to happen-- if not for being healthy and all that jazz, than at least for relieving stress and stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...