Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions for 2011

I love this time of year. It combines so many of my favorite things -- writing lists, looking forward, making plans.

I've compiled my newest set of New Years Resolutions. For the year 2011. Never thought it would come.

2011 has always been this far off, imaginary time. The year I graduate from college. Those four digits have been on applications and resumes (and even a red baseball cap gathering dust in my closet) for the last three years, always distant and abstract. But now it's here and it's real and it's kinda freaking me out.

And because the make-up of the next year is hazy at best, my resolutions are also fairly vague. They'll solidify as we creep into the new decade, I'm sure.

I hope.

I mean, right?

Anyway, here, my friends, are my resolutions for the new year (and in part, the new decade).


In the grand year of 2011, I will:

1. Get a job that I love and can be passionate about-- not just something to get me a paycheck.

2. Figure out where I'm going (sooner rather than later).

3. Finish writing (and rewriting) my novel.

4. Start saving for retirement (and all sorts of other financially responsible things).

5. Work out at least twice a week during the school semester. Keep up a workout plan wherever I end up being after May.

6. Slowly build up a (nice) professional clothing wardrobe with pieces that wont go out of style or wear down quickly.

7. Buy a Nikon or Cannon DSLR. Try to put at least one picture with each blog post.

8. Start saving for a car (if I need one wherever I end up).

9. Continue painting every Saturday morning (hopefully from here to eternity).

10. Travel to another country (the length of stay depends, again, on where I go from here).

11. Continue making friends, not closing myself off to new connections even in this last brief stint in college.

12. Strengthen my friendship with my wonderful roommates. Take nothing about them for granted.

13. Live in a constant state of gratitude for all that I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...