Sunday, February 14, 2010

That's a Wrap!

I finished filming one of my friend's campaign films yesterday, so now I will be spending all of today editing it together. My film editing class requires us to turn in projects fairly often, so I'm killing two birds with one stone on this film and turning it into class tomorrow as well as putting it on YouTube in a couple weeks to spread around to the student body. I'll be sure to post it here when its done! =)

Overall, the filming experience was enjoyable. Stressful, but enjoyable. I really feel like there was a certain amount of serendipity that went into the whole thing. For example, all three film shoots last week pulled together within the last two hours before filming.

Wednesday night, I wasn't sure if I'd have enough main actors until the girl showed up right at film shoot time (I didn't have her number). Friday, I didn't know if I'd have a crew member to help me until a couple hours prior. And on Saturday morning, I still needed 8-10 extras for the shoot at 2pm. Thankfully, I found three of my friends to show up, and when we got to the film location, there was a group of seven guys at one table that were fine with sticking around to fill the background. Again, all of it pulled together at the last minute, and I couldn't be more grateful.

And stressed... because I have to do all of that all over again this coming week. However, I plan to spend much, much more time on Monday and Tuesday recruiting actors, extras and crew for my Friday and Saturday shoots (instead of waiting until Wednesday and Thursday). So hopefully they wont all come down to the wire this time. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...