Thursday, May 20, 2010

Smoking in France

French people smoke like chimneys. I have stopped noticing when I stand in line and breathe someone's second-hand smoke, and I definitely don't notice when I walk through someone's small cloud of ash on my way to anywhere.

The other day, a French girl asked me for a lighter.

"Sorry, I don't have one," I said.

"Oh yeah. I forgot smoking wasn't cool in America anymore," she replied.

While I would never have thought about Americans smoking from this perspective before, in comparison to zee French, she is definitely right.

2 comments:

  1. Virginia! I have a producer opportunity if you are interested...are you going to be in OK from August 2-7? We can talk more details once you are back! Live it up! -Cass (cketrick@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post made my day hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...