Monday, May 3, 2010

Getting Smarter by the Minute

My bottom right wisdom tooth has been growing in since Thursday morning, when I woke up with an aching jaw and swollen gums. This means I have since been avoiding overly crunchy foods and only chewing with the teeth on the left side of my mouth. This also means I have been taking ibuprofen every 4 hours on the dot for the last five days.

My friend Valerie was kind enough to inform me, right after I'd taken yet another pill (conveniently stored in a TicTac container for safe travel), that ibuprofen does a doozy on a person's liver. I guess I looked worried, because she quickly amended her statement with, "But only if you take it every day for years." Well I do hope my condition doesn't get quite that far.

Overall, this tooth-growing business has not been a pleasant experience. But maybe, just maybe, all this new wisdom I am gaining will provide measurable results on my four finals this week. One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...