Monday, November 8, 2010

More, Please.

I need to spend more time being positive. I have this great friend named Geales (see post below) who has the most inspirational blog. Almost everything she puts up there lights the page with positivity, inspiration and love. It's literally one of my go-to places when I'm feeling down.

I appreciate that so much. Genuine, heartfelt love coming from someone real makes everything better.

I can't even begin to say how much people need more of that in the world. Especially me and my friends, I think. My house is a stress-ball. Everyone is worried about upcoming tests and papers. But bigger than that, deadlines and notification days loom. We are in the thick of hearing back about this application and that program.

Where will we be in a year? Where will we be in six months?

None of us really know. Sure, some of us think we see the horizon. But it's all squiggly and different colors, with a gazillion variables.

I know this is normal. This is what life looks like for everyone else my age. And from some snooping/unofficial research, I guess I've realized that this is normal for everyone. Once you are outside the confines of your standard twelve years of public education and four years of college, it's all a gamble. Even people in their forties, with their future on lock, can have things change.

So for now, I'm trying to let go of the definite. Accept the change and chance and adventure that is coming my way. And while the foundations are shifting and the eight ball is shaking, I'll just move with it. Less worry and more love.

And for those times when I forget, there are good people in the world like Geales to remind me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...