Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pioneer Woman, Oh How I Love Thee

Cristina introduced me to Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman, this summer. I will never be the same again.


Not only is she a prolific writer, but she:
- cooks (and sells awesome cookbooks with delicious recipes)
- goes on talk shows and cooks from said cookbooks
- takes fantastic pictures (and gives you tips on how to do the same)
- has a killer sense of humor
- gave up city life for love (when she met the man of her life-- who just happened to be a cowboy)
- has a very romantic story about how she met her husband, Marlboro Man
- home schools her kids!
- and SO much more (It's impossible to channel that woman into one blog post).

Not to be one of those creepy people who think they're the exact right person for a certain celebrity or anything... but Ree and I really do have a ton in common. Maybe we could be friends...?

Anyway, on the loooong list of things we have in common.... We love to write (though she's funnier than me). I was homeschooled (as she does with her kids). Our parents seperated when we were the same age (and we, oddly, had very similar emotional reactions to it--- reading her story was like a verbalization of my own thoughts). Like her, I wanted desperately to leave small-town life for the big city (though unlike her, I'm still hellbent on doing that). I love photography and want to start incorporating it more into my blog (like hers currently does swimmingly).

Read her stuff and tell me she isn't amazing. I dare you.

If I could be that funny, and create that kind of empire out of my writing, I would be one very very very happy person.

Aaaaaaaand.... she is currently holding this awesome contest where four lucky winners, and friends, are invited to her home for a weekend to learn to bake holiday goodies, feed cows with Marlboro Man, sip coffee on the porch in the countryside, meet her kids, etc. My friend Cristina-- also in love with Pioneer Woman-- sent me a text telling me about it, and of course, I immediately put my name in the hat. If I win, she's coming with me, and visa versa. And even though there are already over 20,000 people in the contest (!!! - stiff competition), I remain hopeful. After all, we already live in the same state and share a gazillion of the same interests. Is that too much to ask? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...