Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Pursuit of All Things Trivial


In an effort to stem the tide of boredom flooding our house during the "snowpocalypse," my roommates and I whipped out the Trivial Pursuit.



When we first started, I got a little worried that our intense competitiveness would ruin the fun. We roommates often comment that we're glad we are all in different fields of study, so we don't have to compete. Because if we were, we would. And that can't be healthy for friendships.


But thankfully, once we realized that we all pretty much sucked at the game, we calmed down a bit.


That is, until Madison's boyfriend Drew started winning everything. Damn, son! That kid had all the answers.


Of course, he is a gazillion years older than us.

If I'd thought about it, I would have made a goodnatured "old balls" remark while he was on his winning streak. But naturally, I didn't think of it until now. Hence the reason I'm mentioning it here.

Don't you hate it when the perfect come-back strikes you almost a day later?! It doesn't do any good then, but of course your brain'll spit it out, just to torment you.

Unfortunately, this happens to me all the time.

Anyway, the game was a blast. We quit before anyone won, though.

We were bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...