Monday, February 21, 2011

The Vagina Monologues
























"I am woman. Hear me roar!"

.
..
...

Sorry. Had to get that out.

I saw The Vagina Monologues this evening with my roommates, and it was fantastic -- like it is every year. In fact, this is my fourth time attending the awesomeness that is the Monologues, and I absolutely love it every time.

My favorite part about the Monologues is that they are all so honest and open. To me, it's fantastic the way each monologue can -- through beautiful language, plenty of metaphors, and a sprinkling of vulgar humor -- perfectly describe complex emotions about intensely personal things like a woman's sexuality. Things that aren't talked about very often, and words that aren't used very often, are thrown out in the open and discussed, analyzed, and celebrated. And, in the case of words like c*nt, reclaimed.

I love every part of the show (and the book). And while I wasn't able to participate in the performance this year (due to prior commitments and stupid things like missing the audition date), I haven't yet given up on the goal of participating in at least one performance during the course of my lifetime.

In fact, I think that's officially going on my Bucket List. Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...