Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Crowdstory Gets Ready for OU Launch

Team Crowdstory blanketed campus last night with posters and chalking, preparing for our on-campus launch Wednesday and Thursday. We will be on the South Oval on campus from 10 - 3 p.m. both days, handing out popsicles and flyers promoting our launch party on Thursday night.

Stop by if you're in the neighborhood. I may even give you two popsicles. If I like you enough.

The launch party on Thursday night should be awesome too. It will be at a popular bar on Campus Corner called O'Connell's, starting at 10 p.m., and there'll be live music by The Rockettops and awesome drink specials for people who download/tweet about Crowdstory.

Look for #crowdstorylaunch to blow up the Twittersphere on Thursday night.

As of now, the Facebook event for the launch party has a god number of people coming -- I hope it gets up past 100 RSVP'd, because we have 100 free beers to hand out. I'd hate to see them go unclaimed, and I certainly don't intend to drink them all myself (though I'll probably need a drink when this is all over).

I couldn't be more excited (and stressed) that this launch is finally here. Team Crowdstory has been focused on preparing for it ever since we got back from South by Southwest in March, and all the pieces are falling into place pretty nicely (though I'm still on a desperate search for speakers for the band -- anyone?).

It's going to be a great couple days for Crowdstory.

If you're in the Norman area, I hope you come out to O'Connell's! We'd LOVE to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...