Thursday, April 14, 2011

Running Stairs at the Stadium

Check out the fancy stadium lights. Hardcore.

My Tuesday/Thursday workout is usually pretty boring. Run on treadmill at Huff, watch "Property Virgins" (or whatever that buying-a-house show on TLC is called), doing some sit-ups, and then walk home (sometimes half the workout, it's such a hike).

So today I decided to switch it up a bit and run stairs in the OU Football Stadium. The south entrances to the stadium are always open, so I often cut through on the way to/from classes, and I see people working out in the stadium all the time. And since I used to love running stairs in the dorms during my internship in Philadelphia, I figured I'd give this a try.




I almost died.

Seriously though. Heart attack waiting to happen.

I ran a down-over-up-over pattern, all the way around three fourths of the football field perimeter. When I started, I had the best intentions of going three fourths one way, and then going all the way back around. But when I completed the first leg, I was in major pain.

Tired legs + steep stairs = Disaster waiting to happen.

So I just jogged back around to my things and called it a day. After taking pictures, of course.


Painting lines on the football field -- getting ready
for the Spring Game (this weekend?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...