Monday, April 18, 2011

I Want to Be an Ex-Pat

I am currently entertaining the idea of running away to Europe after graduation. I don't know where I'd go, but I'd use the money I've saved (to buy a car) on a one-way airplane ticket, an apartment, and putting up flyers about tutoring "with a native English speaker." Bam. I'd have a place to live, a job, and a little bit of extra dinero to tide me over until the tutoring started taking off.

About one-eighth of me is entirely serious about this plan. It's feasible. I know someone who did it. And if I could just make my student loans disappear, I'd probably be almost one-fourth entirely serious about this plan.

The future is stressin' me out, and the only thing I really want to do -- with all my heart -- is travel. Get out of the States. Live and breathe a different culture. Learn a new language. Write and take pictures.

I'm too impatient to wait a few years to do this. Darn financial limitations. Why do you exist?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...