Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wrapping Up with the SFPC

My year as President of the Student Film Production Club is starting to come to a close. In a week, the club will elect the new set of officers for next year, and my duties will just be to preside over a couple more meetings, say a few things at the RedBud Film Festival at the end of the year, and tie up any loose ends for the next president coming in.

Crazy to think how fast things went. I've been looking forward to being President since my sophomore year, but once I had the position, it felt like I was often too busy to spend a lot of time on it. I wish I'd had more time to focus on innovating and moving the club forward. There were a lot of half-cooked ideas that came out of the year that I would really have liked to see to completion.

But I am happy with the things I was able to accomplish. And hopefully I'll be able to spend some time creating a transition binder before I bail ship, so at least the next President wont have such a large learning curve and can "hit the ground running."

It's been real, y'all.

Love, Peace, and Elbow Grease,
Da Prez

Some of the SFPC minions reading the rules for the 24-Hour Film Blitz this spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...