Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Having" a Genius

The first time I found this fantastic video on TED, I watched it at least three times. The woman, Elizabeth Gilbert, intrigued me, and I was fascinated by her way of describing creativity. She interested me so much, in fact, that it was from this video I was inspired to read her book.

And I absolutely love her writing-- "Eat, Pray, Love" is a moving, inspirational, thought-provoking book about what it means to find joy, and I loved every page of it.

Take a moment and watch this video-- especially if you are a creative person in any way.

TED's description of the video:
Elizabeth Gilbert muses on the impossible things we expect from artists and geniuses -- and shares the radical idea that, instead of the rare person "being" a genius, all of us "have" a genius. It's a funny, personal and surprisingly moving talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...