Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Star Sightings

What would a trip to Los Angeles be without a couple star sightings?

I got a picture with...

...Jake McDorman, a.k.a Evan from the television show GRΣΣK.

To be honest, I had no idea who that Jake guy was. Jen, the blond on the left, is a huge fan of GREEK and recognized him immediately. But she refused to approach him, since she didn't want to be one of "those girls." We could tell that she really, really wanted to though.

So, when Jake stepped out for a cigarette, our friend Wes went outside and approached him, telling him that his friend inside was really shy but really wanted a picture with him. Being a B-list actor and still open to that kind of thing, he agreed. Jen was ecstatic afterward. I still had no idea who I'd just met (and had to go home and google the kid to find out who he was).

ALSO...

I saw (but didn't approach)...

... Mindy Kaling, a.k.a. Kelly Kapoor from the hit television show The Office.

She didn't look half this glamorous, of course. She was tucked into the back of a booth, surrounded by comedians and writers, out for a laid back evening with friends. She actually looked very down-to-earth... the kind of girl you could be friends with easily. No excessive makeup or trendy clothes.

We definitely didn't feel like we could approach her though. At one point, we sorta got up to kinda make our way over (we were very indecisive), and, almost as if they sensed the coming intrusion, the men surrounding her tensed and drew in. It was fascinating to watch, really. I don't know if they even knew they were doing it, but I could tell that they instantly felt the need to protect her. I'm sure if I were friends with someone so famous, I'd do the same thing. In fact, it really didn't bother me at all that we didn't get to talk to her, as I was kinda glad she was able to go out for a night and not be pestered with fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...