Friday, June 4, 2010

June = Wedding Season

People keep getting married.

Now, I know this has been happening since the beginning of time or whatever, but recently I think it's getting worse more frequent. Maybe that's because now it's people I know who are tying the knot.

Though considering that my three good friends from high school all got married over two years ago, you'd think I'd be used to this by now. I guess not. It still surprises me whenever a "So-and-so is engaged" tidbit pops up on my Facebook feed (the source of all knowledge).

My mom once told me that there are two major cycles of engagements/weddings-- right after high school and right after college. After that, they spread themselves out a little more. But right after graduating from two momentous phases of one's life, people tend to get married. Makes sense. It's a good time for it.

So, only having a year left of college and following the logic above, it's going to be engagement and wedding season for the next year and a half. I hope I get invited to a few of these momentous occasions, as I can't think of anything more enjoyable than watching a bride walk down the aisle (as long as she isn't me).

On a side note, this weekend, my sister's sister-in-law is getting married, and I have been making a slideshow of their lives for them to play at the rehearsal dinner. It's been a fun exercise and chance to use my editing skills (even if it is a really basic project).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...