Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Resource Room Bulletin Board

Today it was my job to put up the bulletin board by the door for our Resource Room (RR). Half of the board is for our incentives program, which is in place to encourage corps members to visit the RR to get resources for their classrooms (part of their training is teaching summer school every day).

Basically, I am in charge of the incentives system. This particular program is a contest for corps members, in which the team that has the highest percentage of team members visit the RR over the course of the institute gets a free pizza party. Apparently it was a big hit last year (who doesn't like free pizza?), so we are doing it again this year.

The bulletin board was a blast to make. I always have a lot of fun when I get to create things, so that's been great. But the best part of the entire project is that I've discovered this amazing thing called spray glue-- the glue is sprayed out of an aerosol can.

If you spray directly onto the paper, the glue makes a permanent bond. Normal stuff. But get this-- if you spray lightly (from much further away), the light dusting of glue makes a more temporary adhesive bond (more like tacky), so you can put things like paper on the walls now and then get it off seven weeks later merely with goo-gone.

I can't wait to try that at home!

Before...

By the end of the day...


It's not entirely done yet, but I just thought I'd show you what I was up to today. There's still much to be done tomorrow, both on the bulletin board and in the Resource Room in general, but it's fun work so I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...