Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crowdstory App Submitted!


I stayed up way too late last night (think 3 hours of sleep), but it was all well worth it.

The developers on my business internship team have been working hard all week (all semester really) to complete the programming on our iPhone App– Crowdstory– by last night, so I decided that I wanted to show them my support and gratitude for all their hard work.

So I made them cheese quesadillas.

And I brought apple slices and Ritz crackers with cream cheese (that I spread on while there).

I’m getting this Soccer Mom business out of my system early.

After feeding the guys at about 1:00 a.m., I decided to stick around for a while to keep them company. This mostly involved stealing my team leader’s iPhone and recording a bunch of audio “snippets” (recorded stories) on the Beta version of Crowdstory, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I barricaded myself into a room adjoining the developers, and whenever I recorded a particularly entertaining snippet (if I do say so myself), I’d run into the other room and triumphantly share it with the developers before disappearing into my soundproof cubicle again.

I told myself I was recording in a soundproof room solely for audio quality assurance purposes. In actuality, it was so they wouldn’t see how many tries it took me to get a good snippet recorded (Average = 4 restarts). I’d prefer them to think I’m normally that funny.

But seriously, y’all — the Crowdstory App is SO. MUCH. FUN.

And I’m not just saying that because I’m a part of the team (though I guess I maybe look at it in slightly rosey hues).

It’s really that great.

I mean, until last night, the Crowdstory App been just some nebulous idea to me. It was merely a concept, some abstract thing that we’d been talking about, brainstorming for, and stressing over for the last semester and a half.

But last night, holding that iPhone in my hand and recording snippets, Crowdstory became real to me. Real, tangible and sooooooo awesome.

I was beside myself. Delirious with joy, really.

In fact, I was so ecstatic about the App that I probably annoyed the bajeezees out of those poor, stressed-out, exhausted developers. Well, you know what they say… Hind-sight is 20/20.

But anyway, three hours and 21 snippets later, I was privileged to be a part of a colossal moment in Crowdstory history. To the tune of nervous looks and (probably annoying) commentary from me (recorded on a snippet!), Frank clicked the Submit button.

The Mac’s thinking rainbow wheel spun.

Tense faces all around.

No one breathed.

Except me, who couldn’t keep my mouth shut and kept spouting random things onto the snippet I was recording (titled “App Submission — Final Installment”).

Me: “This is an epic moment for Crowdstory…”

Everyone Else: “………”

And then, all the sudden, there popped up a box. It read, “The Crowdstory App has been submitted to the App store.”

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!


The moment we’d been anticipating since September!

Hugs, cheers, and congratulations ensued. Epic celebrations.

And now all we have to do is wait for Apple to check out our App, see how awesome it is, and approve it for the App Store. And we’re in business.

I can’t wait to share the App with all you who own iPhones — you’re going to love it!

P.S. To give credit where credit is due, our awesome Crowdstory developers are Greg Gustafson, Frank Lezu, Zach Whaley, and Daniel Bailey. Some of the nicest, smartest guys you'll ever meet. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...