Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Birthday List of Awesome



Today is my birthday. And I'm in a great mood!

And while I'm sure there's probably a direct link between my happiness and my special day (and the GORGEOUS weather), I'd like to think that it's also because of all the awesome little things that have happened to me so far.

Here is my current list of awesome -- to be updated as the day continues, since it's only 11:45 a.m. and there's a lot o' daylight left.

1. I had to wake up early to run errands this morning. First stop on my list was Walmart. I was on a mission and only there for shampoo and cereal. But then I saw the almonds. And I bought the almonds. A girl's gotta indulge on her birthday. Too bad I didn't have time to swing by to see if there were any raspberries. Next time.

2. IT'S SPRING!!!



3. The bank is usually a boring affair. But instead of the usual drive-through routine, I had to go inside to get a money order, and from the front counter I could see through to the drive-through banking area.

I watched a man in a large van drive up and roll down his window, and as he reached for his wallet, this pug jumps over from the passenger seat onto the man's lap, staring intently in the bank window. Suddenly the man in the van grins and waves his hand violently in front of his face -- between his face and the dog's arse, specifically. The man then proceeds to roll down the opposite window to relieve the car of the dog's fart. So funny.

4. Someone had already paid for the meter at one of my errand stops.

5. I have to get my fingerprints taken for a background check in order to do Teach For America, so I headed to the county sheriff's office today to get that done before I left for Spring Break. I'd never been there before, so it took me a while to find the building.

And then, once I got there, I couldn't figure out how to get in. There is a large main door on three different sides of that building, and I went into two of them (and through their little security screenings) before being told that I needed to go over to the third. This would have been a major annoyance if I wasn't on cloud nine because of my birthday and sleep deprivation. It was also really funny because at the second stop, the guys asked me if I was getting my fingerprints in order to carry a concealed weapon. If only he knew me.

6. Oh, and my roommates surprised me at midnight last night with cookie cake. They are amazing. We chatted for a while, discussing Madison's swollen eye of mysterious origin (her new nickname is Mad Eye Moody) and if men's balls sag when they get older.

And that's really about it. It's been a good day.

Love,
Now an Old Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...