Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Being an Artist

Over the break, one of the things I really wanted to do was paint a painting. Ever since my girlfriends and I signed the lease for a house next year, I've been hankering to paint something to go over the fireplace in our living room.

I decided that Spring Break was the perfect time to do it. And when I ran the idea of painting by John, he was totally game.

So here is the painting before...


...during...


... and after!



Apparently, painting sunflowers (in bright primary colors) was a rather girly thing for a guy like John to be painting. In my defense, however, he didn't mention anything about that until we were already almost done with our painting. If I'd known, I might have considered switching subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...