Monday, March 1, 2010

Withoutabox

We (my fellow producers and I) decided to submit OU, I Love You to the deadCENTER Film Festival. The submission is due on Wednesday, so I have been spending my entire evening creating a profile for our film on Withoutabox.

Withoutabox is a company that does for filmmakers and film festivals what the Common Application does for prospective students and university admissions offices. It creates one centralized place where filmmakers can upload a complete profile of their film, including information such as a 250 word synopsis, the list of directors and talent, and the format of the screener (physical film sent to be shown). Then, after creating a profile, I can submit my film to any festival that subscribes to Withoutabox services. And its a long list, including the Austin Film Festival and deadCENTER (our festival of choice).

The deadCENTER Film Festival is every June in Oklahoma City, and it is the perfect venue for our film, as it is very friendly to films made in Oklahoma (we are submitting our film under the "Oklahoma Films" category). This is a fun festival, and last year when I attended, I was lucky enough to get a Production Assistant job out of the mix.

So I am excited to submit OU, I Love You. I think it has a great chance to make it into the festival, and if I am in Norman in June, I'd love to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...