Friday, March 12, 2010

Next Year's President

The Student Film Production Club held elections last night, and I was elected the President of the club for 2010-2011. Hooray!

I am really excited about the upcoming year. I have a lot of ideas, which I think are pretty good (of course). One of the biggest things I want to do is get more people to come speak at our meetings. Even though we aren't in L.A. and there isn't an over-abundance of professional filmmakers here in Oklahoma, there is actually a surprisingly large amount of them. And they are pretty active. I want to get some of them to come speak to our members about what it is like to make a living off making films. By nature of being in Oklahoma, we'll get a lot more people that'll be talking about independent filmmaking, which will be fine. It would be nice to get a few L.A. perspectives if possible, but we'll see if we can swing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...